Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Afraid of the Dark (Part 2)


All I needed was some motivation
A friend or a bishop someone to help end my self alienation
They pointed me to a group who’ve been thru the same
No pressure when they only use their first names
But when he told me You should join, it could change your life
I nodded my head in agreement but I was terrified inside
If I said it out loud, that would make this thing real
I’d have to step up to the darkness and tell em how I feel
But the downs hit so much harder than the ups
Tired of the isolation, the depression, the lust
Feeling helpless in the car outside the meeting
Crying to myself feeling my heart was bleeding
But with a prayer an ounce of courage blazed in my heart
I have to handle this now, Lord I’m ready to start!
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
Well that first step into the building was the hardest step yet . . .
.


No comments:

Post a Comment