Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dark Knight Rises

“Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up.” If repentance is a process then falling must be essential to that same process.What matters then after the first fall is how many more will you have? And what are you going to do about it? When we are physically falling why do we resist? We act like we’re running, flailing our arms, kicking with our legs. I believe it is because we fear the truth. Man wasn’t given wings, so falling is terrifying. There is a rush of adrenaline then the stomach feels like it’s in your throat. We fight the truth.Why do we fight the truth? Because we don’t have jet propulsion behind us as we pull up hard on the steering column PULL UP!!! PULL UP!! We are fighters and pilots but we aren’t the plane. We can pull up. We fight the fall because we aren’t meant to go down. We fight the hell because we are meant for heaven. We are meant to rise. Rise to the royalty within.

Why do we shield our eyes when the lights are turned on when we were in the dark room? Or when someone opens the blinds and wakes us from our slumber? We are accustomed to it. We feel comfortable in the cool darkness. Like Bane said “Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!” We don’t really see anyone but the faint bits of ourselves.  We aren’t  concerned about where we’re going because we can’t see where we’re going. We’ve grown comfortable to the solitude. Yet the solitude is what we despise most. We so desperately want to see the light, to see.

We so desperately want to move, to do, to be. Yet it hurts us, disorients our current equilibrium, blinds us with the warm truth. If we are comfortable in the darkness then we have lost the light within us. We must fall occasionally.We must pray. There must be pain or nothing will change. Nothing can be as it was, nor what it is. Becoming is now. It’s choice, it’s breath.
Decisions determine destiny so if I have vision then I’m destined see! The only way to emerge from this pit, this prison in the earth, is to heal. Sometimes it takes breaking our back to reset it where it was supposed to be. We must push ourselves, building our spiritual and physical bodies for the coming climb. We must try. We must fail at times. We must strive forever! Climb! Deshi Basara!
Rise!
Deshi Basara!
We think we are strong without fear but we are weak because we deny the truth. We are afraid to fail. We are afraid to fall. But fear is a state of mind. We can conquer fear. True courage is not lacking fear. True courage is shown when in the face of fear you choose to go forward anyway! You can’t fall if you don’t stand. You can’t fall if you don’t jump. You can’t walk if you don’t stand. You can’t reach the top if you don’t jump. You can’t pull yourself up if you don’t hang on the edge of your comfort zone.


Save your city. Save your family. Save your life. Rise to the light my friend.
Only you can conquer you.


Sponge in hand trying to clean my mind but who can erase?
Suicidal thoughts friending for another taste
Ever willing to provide disgrace
Lord please help me subside my haste
So that I may once again survive distaste
I can’t do this alone please provide a way
Because too many times I fell flat on my face
Pick myself up gotta finish the race
Gotta turkey baste
That means I gotta give thanks
For smacking me down to put me in my place
Being unchaste is like a face full of mace
Blinding and grinding  my soul into paste
 On a sandy foundation,everyday I’m abased
It’s interesting, the day after you hear the words of life
you meet death
After life and death, repent son it’s time for you to resurrect!
Rise up!
I know you think you failed but you only fail if you don’t pick
them eyes up
Come on man rise up!
Nothings impossible
With God on our side
Deshi Basara
Get up son rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment